- Historic 8 story building
- Built in 1886, Renovated in 1986
- Approximately 26,000 sq. ft. per floor (office)
- Brick and wood beam construction
Located in downtown Detroit's "Greektown", at the corner of Brush and Monroe, the International Center building is convenient to Wayne County Building, City County Building, Courts, and Detroit's most popular entertainment districts.
A 10 story high atrium, containing one of Michigan's most unique landmarks, the world's tallest indoor waterfall (Guinness Book of World Records), Fishbone's Rhythm Kitchen Café, one of the area's most popular restaurants, a bank, shops, convenience store, indoor access to the Atheneum Suites Hotel and Conference Center are within the building.
HVAC is comprised of individual package heating/cooling units. Gas fired high efficiency boilers; efficient engineered ducts, individual zone controls fully automatic. Elevators include two very large freight elevators on each side of the building, and a central bank of four Otis passenger elevators. Both the Monroe and Beaubien lobbies are noted for their extensive marble treatments. The building is sprinkled, and meets all fire code requirements, and is also asbestos free. There is high-speed internet connection availability.
The owners of the building also manage and are tenants of the building, directly employing a staff of carpenters, electricians, plumbers, HVAC certified technicians and others skilled in the building trades. Management is known for quality tenant improvement construction, from space planning to finish. Also directly employed are security personnel who are in the building on a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day basis, equipped with a video monitoring system.
Bus and People Mover Stations are adjacent to the premises. Freeway access is two blocks from the building. There is a seven story parking structure with an enclosed 3rd floor walkway connecting the building. Additionally, ample surface lot parking is across the street from the building. The Atheneum Suites Hotel (also connected to the building) offers valet parking.
FOR LEASING INFORMATION CONTACT 313-963-3357
- Historic 10 story building
- 16,400 square feet per floor
- 11'6" floor heights
- Built in early 1905, TOTAL RENOVATION in 1982
Located at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and W. Congress, across Washington Boulevard from Cobo Convention Center, it is in the center of Detroit's financial district.
The ground floor tenants are all retail and include a convenience store, a copying service, a gourmet coffee shop, a catering and deli restaurant, and a Secretary of State office. The lobby is open and staffed on a 24/7 basis.
HVAC is comprised of individual package heating/cooling units. Gas fired high efficiency boilers; electric cooling, with gas fired, engineered ducts, individual zone controls. Elevators include three Schindler-Houghton cabs, doors, cables and controls fully automatic. There is a very large Otis freight elevator with double face doors capable of transporting an automobile. The lobby renovations include marble and oak finishes with recessed lighting, and entrances on both Washington Boulevard and Congress. The building has a barrier free entrance, and the restrooms in all office floors are barrier free accessible per ADA requirements.
The owners of the building also manage it. They own two other downtown office buildings and have a staff of carpenters, electricians, plumbers and other skilled tradesmen, fully capable to do tenant improvements.
There is ample parking near the building. There is a small surface lot adjacent to the east side of the building, and two large surface lots behind the building. Cobo Convention Center parking is directly across the street, and monthly parking is available there. In addition, directly across W. Congress from the Cobo Center are three parking structure which all offer monthly and daily parking. These structures are all within one to two blocks of the building.
- Historic 6 story building
- 17,600 square feet per floor
- 12' floor heights
- Built in early 1900's, TOTAL RENOVATION in 1988
The Murphy-Telegraph building is located at the intersection of Shelby and Congress, across the street from the Penobscot Building in the heart of Detroit's "Financial District".
This building is primarily office (floors 2 - 6) with retail on the first floor. Larger tenants include the National headquarters of Avanti Greeting Card Company, the law firm of Nagi, Baxter and Seymour, PC and law firm of Skupin and Lucas.
HVAC is comprised of individual package heating/cooling units. Gas fired high efficiency boilers; electric cooling, engineered ducts, individual zone controls.
Fire Rated construction with fire stand pipes, extinguishers and hoses throughout the building; a state of the art smoke and fire detection and alarm system monitored 24 hours per day; hoses on each floor, fire safety doors throughout.
The lobby renovations include marble and oak finishes with recessed, cove and pendant lighting, with entrances on both Shelby and Congress.
All restrooms and office floors are barrier free accessible per ADA requirements.
Owned and operated by 400 Monroe Associates which operates three other office buildings, three restaurants, a shopping mall and a hotel and conference center, all in the downtown area. We have on staff managers, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, painters, building engineers, and other skilled tradesman to meet various tenant needs.
Security personnel are stationed at the building 24 hours each day, seven days per week and utilize electronic monitoring equipment.
Parking is plentiful in the vicinity of the building. The Cobo Convention Center parking is located directly across the street. Three other parking garages are located within a block radius. A surface lot is adjacent to the building that can accommodate both long and short term parking.
Two People Mover station are readily accessible to the building, at Cobo Station and the Financial District Station. In addition, both SMART and DOT bus lines have stops near the building.
The building is located one block from the Lodge Freeway entrance and exits, providing extremely convenient access, without fighting the congestion of downtown traffic.